Vegetarian Pumpkin Curry
Don’t be intimidated by curry! Our recipe makes it easy to prepare and oh-so delicious. This simple dish of pumpkin, bell peppers and fragrant fresh basil and coconut milk is ready in just 25 minutes.
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. vegetarian red curry paste
- 2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable (or chicken) broth
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 lb. raw pumpkin, cut into large cubes (about 3½ cups)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, hot
Here are your instructions:
Heat coconut milk and red curry paste in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until well mixed.
Add broth, salt, pumpkin, bell pepper, and lime leaves if desired. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pumpkin softens.
Add basil, sesame seeds (if desired), and coconut (if desired); cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove lime leaves.
Place ½ cup of rice in each of six serving bowls and top with pumpkin mixture.
Tip: If you have an Asian market in your area, you will be able to find kaffir lime leaves and Thai basil (which you can use instead of regular basil).
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023