Rainbow Soba Salad
We can’t get enough of this versatile salad of great veggies and whole grain buckwheat soba noodles. Prepare it in about 20 minutes to enjoy as a light meal or side dish, or pack it in a lunchbox for a healthy meal on the go.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 6 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 kale leaves, stems and tough rib removed, very finely sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, tamari and honey. Add carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage and kale, and toss well. Set aside.
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Run cold running water over noodles and drain well. Add to salad and toss again. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. The salad will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Per Serving: 220 calories (35 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 220mg sodium, 41g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 6g protein.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023