Zucchini, Red Pepper, and Sweet Potato Frittata
Frittatas are healthy, easy, and packed with protein. This zucchini, red pepper, sweet potato frittata recipe is loaded with fresh veggies and tastes delicious.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 cooked medium sweet potato, cut into
- 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add zucchini, bell pepper, and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
Add sweet potato, basil, and salt. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until the moisture has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Add eggs to vegetable mixture. Mix until combined; cook, without stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is light golden. As it cooks, lift the edges and tilt skillet so uncooked eggs flow to the edges.
Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, covered, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Garnish with reserved basil; serve immediately.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023