Put a Mexican twist on Thanksgiving leftovers with these crispy turkey tostadas. Leftover turkey breast totally transforms in this dish when it is mixed with tomatillo salsa, becoming a tasty lunch or dinner that’s high in protein. Top with shredded lettuce, onion and Monterey jack cheese, and dig in!
This recipe can also be used to make nachos. Just slice the tortillas into wedges before baking. Top crisped chips with turkey mixture, onions, and cheese and then bake until cheese melts. Top with lettuce and serve!
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup tomatillo salsa
- 1½ cups shredded roasted turkey breast (approximately 7 oz.)
- 2 cups finely shredded leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ medium ripe avocado, sliced
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with spray. Place tortillas in single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
While tortillas are baking, heat salsa in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until turkey is evenly coated and heated through.
To serve, place a tortilla on each serving plate. Top evenly with lettuce, turkey mixture, onion, cheese, and avocado.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023