Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Have a fajita fiesta with maximum flavor and minimal effort. This chicken fajitas recipe uses a slow cooker to infuse tender chicken with the flavors of every ingredient, so each bite is bursting with bold taste. It’s so easy to make, just place all of the ingredients in a crock pot, and press a button! Hours later, you’ll have a delicious dish that is healthy and packed with an impressive 31 grams of protein per serving.
These chicken fajitas are great for a simple meal prep that cooks itself while you prepare the rest of your meals for the week. The recipe makes 4 servings, but can easily be doubled to make a larger, time-saving batch. When it’s finished cooking, let the chicken mixture cool for one hour, then store in the fridge until completely cool. Spoon individual portions into containers or plastic bags for freezing.
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes (or diced tomatoes with green chiles), no salt added
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tsp. ground chile powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 8 6-inch whole wheat flour tortillas, warm
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa
- 8 tsp. low-fat (1%) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- Finely chopped cilantro
Here are your instructions:
Place tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, chile powder, cumin, pepper, and lime juice in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well.
Add chicken; cook, covered, on low temperature for 4 to 5 hours (or on high or 2 to 3 hours), stirring once or twice, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Evenly divide mixture between tortillas. Top evenly with salsa, yogurt, avocado, and cilantro.