In this flavorful vegan gravy, nutritional yeast provides the B12 missing from many meat-free gravies.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup arrowroot
- 4 tsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
Add arrowroot, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce; mix well to form a smooth paste.
Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023