Edamame and Radish Salad with Avocado
Spring weather makes us want fresh, easy meals that take advantage of the new crop of vegetables and herbs that are coming to market now. Crunchy radishes and arugula provide a peppery zing that’s complimented by tender, shelled edamame and creamy avocado. Green onions and parsley add bright, herbal notes.
This simple Edamame and Radish Salad with Avocado that’s dressed with a sunny, honey-sweetened ginger and garlic dressing. Love the dressing? Try it as a marinade for chicken or fish, or use it as a sauce for steamed broccoli.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Hot water
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
Here are your instructions:
To make dressing, combine garlic, ginger, honey, vinegar, oil, and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Place edamame, green onions, parsley, radishes, arugula, and avocado in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Top with sesame seeds.
Divide evenly between four serving bowls.