Our chicken cacciatore recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables. This “hunter style” dish is a classic in Italian cooking and after one bite, you’ll understand why.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium celery stalk, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can whole tomatoes
- 1½ tsp. dried basil, crushed
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Add onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
Add tomatoes, basil, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
Add zucchini and eggplant; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, and juices run clear.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
Tip: Chicken Cacciatore can be served over brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023