Barbecued Cauliflower Salad
Cauliflower, or the “magical plant of wonder” as it’s known around these parts, is a shape-shifting vegetable that can transform into “rice,” “steak,” or even pizza crust.
In fact, it’s a superfood loaded with vitamins C, K, a bunch of Bs, heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and biotin, which promotes healthy skin and hair. In short, it’s a veggie that helps keep you healthy and pretty.
As if cauliflower weren’t versatile enough, it takes the place of chicken or tempeh in this recipe for hearty barbecued salad that’s perfect for summer grill-outs or a bring-to-work lunch.
Chock-full of greens, fiber and protein, this barbecued cauliflower salad works as a stand-alone meal or as a side to a lean protein.
Great news: This barbecued cauliflower salad is only 336 per serving, without compromising the smoke, zest, and crunchiness that are so essential.
- ½ medium cauliflower, cut into florets (or 3 cups florets)
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce, reduced-sugar
- 3 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup Healthier Ranch Dressing
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet.
Drizzle with oil. Toss to blend. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
Brush cauliflower evenly with barbeque sauce. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Set aside to cool.
Combine lettuce, beans, corn, onion, carrot, and Healthier Ranch Dressing in a medium serving bowl; toss gently to blend.
Top with cool cauliflower and avocado. Serve immediately.
- Look for barbecue sauce that has an ingredient list that does not contain artificial sweeteners, additives, or preservatives. There are many brands on the market that are sweetened with small amounts of honey, maple syrup, or molasses.
- Use Smoky Barbecue Sauce as a homemade alternative to store-bought barbecue sauce.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023