Apple Cinnamon Protein Oatmeal
This delicious combination of oatmeal, apples, and spices gets a nutrition boost from whey protein powder and flax seeds.
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 tsp. raw honey (to taste; optional)
- ½ scoop Vanilla Flavor Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. flax seed meal (or ground flax seeds)
Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oats; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add apple, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and honey; mix well. Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
If oatmeal is not hot enough, heat over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add Protein Powder and flax seed meal; mix well.
Divide evenly between two serving bowls.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg
Sodium: 19 mg
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 13 g
Protein: 9 g
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023