Zucchini, Ham, and Cheese Quinoa Cups
This grab-and-go, savory breakfast has just the right amount of ham and sharp cheddar cheese to be packed with flavor but stay low in calories. They are fantastic for meal prep and they reheat well in a microwave or toaster oven.
Tip: For meatier chunks of ham, use thick sliced deli ham and cut into cubes. Any good quality sliced ham or Canadian bacon will work.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites (¼ cup)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup diced lean ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Heat oven to 375° F.
Lightly coat two regular twelve-cup muffin tins with spray. Set aside.
Combine quinoa, eggs, egg whites, zucchini, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, ham, parsley, and green onions in a large bowl; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Evenly pour quinoa mixture into muffin cups.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023