Vegetarian Pizza Salad
There’s salad. There’s pizza. And then there’s pizza salad.
This ingenious recipe combines the flavors of both and let’s you enjoy all the delights of pizza in a 100% healthy way. From the creamy mozzarella to all of the fresh peppers, mushrooms, and onions you’d find on a veggie lover’s pizza, this low-carb version of everyone’s favorite Italian dish will make you wonder why no one thought of this sooner.
This recipe calls for fresh mozzarella bocconcini, but you can use shredded mozzarella, or even parmesan. Like other vegetables on your pizza, like artichoke hearts or roasted broccoli? Both would make a welcome addition here.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ medium green bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ medium onion, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 5 black olives, sliced
- 2 bocconcini (small mozzarella balls) (about 1 oz.)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
Here are your instructions:
To make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, tomato sauce, and oregano in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
Combine arugula, romaine, basil, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and dressing in a large serving bowl; toss gently to blend.
Top with bocconcini and crushed red pepper (if desired); serve immediately.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023