Chili is a winter staple for us because it’s hearty, nutritious, and, most importantly, warm! It’s is a great meal to make ahead and freeze for a quick, high-protein lunch or dinner when you’re too busy to cook. This recipe calls for two cans of kidney beans, but you can use any beans you like, or try two different colors of beans, like we did here.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 (28-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Crushed red peppers (to taste; optional)
- 12 Italian parsley sprigs, chopped
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned
Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, and red peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide chili into 6 serving bowls and garnish with parsley if desired.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023