Tunisian Vegetable Tagine
Fragrant vegetable stews are common around the Mediterranean. This streamlined version is flavored with a North African spice blend and simplified with the use of precut, frozen bell peppers and onions.
- 1 teaspoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mixed vegetables, frozen, bell pepper and onion
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika plus more for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 14 ounce(s) tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounce(s) beans, garbanzo (chickpeas) rinsed
- pepper, black ground freshly ground, to taste
- 2 large egg(s)
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion mix; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, coarsely grind coriander seeds, caraway seeds and salt in a spice grinder, dry blender or mortar and pestle. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in paprika and cayenne.
Add garlic and the spice mixture to the skillet; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and chickpeas; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook at a lively simmer until slightly thickened, 8 to 12 minutes. Season with pepper.
Break eggs into separate halves of the pan, taking care not to break the yolks. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the eggs are set, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika.
Calories 259, Fat 9g, Cholesterol 212mg, Sodium 564mg, Saturated Fat 2g, Protein 13g, Fiber 7g, Carbohydrates 43g
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023