Tropical Salad with Mango, Avocado, and Chicken
Few snacks are as uniquely refreshing as this combo of juicy fruit and peppery chili powder, and this recipe below for Tropical Salad with Mango, Avocado, and Chicken.
The savory heat of this sauce cuts the sweetness of the mango and pineapple, while the buttery avocado pulls the disparate flavors together.
Just remember to keep the dressing and salad separate until serving because contrary to popular belief, you can make friends with salad — but not with soggy mango.
Beyond being a crowd pleaser, this medley of flavor and good-for-you fruits, herbs, and lean protein can also be enjoyed solo, maybe even out of a bag with a fork?
- 2 tbsp. 100% pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ medium mango, peeled, cubed
- ¼ medium avocado, cubed
- ½ cup cubed fresh pineapple
- ½ cup cubed jicama
- 3 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, oil, Serrano chile, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Place mango, avocado, pineapple, jicama, and chicken in a medium bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023