Sweet Potato Skins with Chicken and Spinach
We took what is usually a greasy bar snack and turned it into a delicious appetizer that is healthy enough to eat for a meal! These baked sweet potato skins are topped with spinach, spiced chicken, and cilantro, with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- 4 baked medium sweet potatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 4 oz shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 tsp all-natural taco seasoning no salt added
- 1 cup steamed spinach
- ½ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 400° F.
Scoop flesh out of the sweet potatoes and reserve for another use.
Place skins on baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
While skins are baking, combine chicken and taco seasoning in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Replace sweet potato flesh and top each sweet potato half evenly with spinach, chicken mixture, yogurt, and cilantro.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Sodium: 485 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 13 g
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023