Spring Salad with Peas and Radishes
Spring is finally here! This salad, made with fresh peas, sliced radishes, and a lemon vinaigrette is the perfect way to celebrate the end of winter.
- Hot water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh shelled peas
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (or arugula), washed, patted dry, leaves torn
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tbsp. shaved pecorino Romano cheese (optional)
Here are your instructions:
Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
Combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Add peas to water; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
Plunge peas into ice water for about 10 minutes, or until peas are cold; drain again. Set aside.
Combine lettuce and mint in a large serving bowl; mix well.
Top with peas, radishes, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Divide evenly between four serving plates.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023