Roasted Side of Salmon with Shallot Cream
This dish is as simple as it gets, and yet it’s very impressive for the Holidays. Shallots, dill, and lemon are classic flavorings for salmon. If you can’t find crème fraîche, use sour cream.
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp. 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/8 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 (3-pound) boneless salmon fillet
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine first 5 ingredients and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Place fish, skin side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Rub fish with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
Preheat broiler to high.
Broil fish 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with chives. Cut fish crosswise into 6 equal portions, top evenly with shallot cream, and serve immediately.