Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Lentils and Goat Cheese
This hearty salad topped with lentils and fresh pumpkin is perfect for fall and winter months. In other seasons, replace pumpkin with sweet potato!
- 1 lb. raw pumpkin, cut into medium-sized cubes (about 4 cups)
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 cups fresh arugula (or mixed baby greens)
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 tbsp. crumbled soft goat cheese (½ oz.)
- 2 tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine pumpkin, 1 tsp. oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
Arrange pumpkin mixture on baking pan.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stir; continue baking for 10 to 12 additional minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Cool.
While pumpkin is baking, combine lime juice, maple syrup, and mustard in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add remaining 3 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
Evenly divide arugula between four serving plates. Top evenly with lentils, baked pumpkin, cheese, and pumpkin seeds.
Drizzle evenly with dressing.
Tip: Learn how to cook lentils here.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023