Power Turkey Meatloaf
Packed with 25 grams of protein, this meatloaf recipe from the Body Beast Eating Plan is just what your muscles have been craving. The recipe calls for mild salsa, but you can kick up the heat with a spicier salsa. You can also replace the bread crumbs with old-fashioned rolled oats if you prefer.
- 2 lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup all-natural mild salsa
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper (if desired) in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands or a rubber spatula.
Shape mixture into shape of a loaf and place on ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve garnished with parsley.
Sagi’s Tips: Cut cooked meatloaf into single servings and freeze in single re-sealable plastic bags for future meals.