Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs
Kabobs are a fun way to mix your meat and veggies, and an easy way to grill them all at once. This recipe is full of flavor, and all the colors make it look just as good as it tastes!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 12 oz. raw lean boneless pork loin, cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 12 1-inch cubes
Here are your instructions:
Combine oil, lemon juice, rosemary, parsley, garlic, and salt in a large resealable bag.
Add pork; marinate, refrigerated, for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Preheat grill or broiler on high.
Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place sweet potato pieces in steamer basket; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Place in ice water bath to stop cooking process. Set aside.
Place a piece of pork, sweet potato, onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper onto a skewer. Repeat, so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with five remaining skewers. Discard marinade that contained pork.
Grill or broil skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, or until sweet potato is softened and pork is no longer pink in the middle.