Poached Eggs with Asparagus
The classic pairing of steamed asparagus and poached eggs makes a tasty breakfast or brunch, but we like it as a complete, healthy meal any time of day.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 14 medium asparagus spears, steamed
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vinegar; reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil.
Place one egg into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the water’s surface and slip the egg into the water, repeat with remaining eggs; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are completely set. Gently lift eggs out of water.
Place seven asparagus spears on each serving plate. Top with two eggs and pepper (if desired).
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023