Plum Bran Muffins
Made with plums and whole wheat, these juicy muffins are less than 100 calories a piece!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat bran (or oat bran)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup apple butter, no sugar added
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk (or nonfat plain yogurt)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup chopped skinned plums (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup chopped pitted prunes
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
Combine flour, bran, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine apple butter, buttermilk, and egg whites in a large bowl; mix well.
Add flour mixture to apple butter mixture; mix until just blended.
Add plums and prunes; mix until just blended.
Divide batter among twelve prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Tip: To remove skins from plums, dip plums, one at a time, in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from water and remove skin immediately.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023