Peanut Butter and Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal
It’s a lot easier to get out of bed in the morning when breakfast is this peanut butter and chocolate oatmeal from Autumn Calabrese’s FIXATE cookbook. Autumn combined hearty steel-cut oats with all-natural peanut butter and Vegan Chocolate Shakeology for a protein boost, but she didn’t stop there! This energizing breakfast gets even more tantalizing flavor from cinnamon, rum extract, and fresh berries. This is 258 calories worth waking up for!
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 cup dry steel-cut oats, gluten-free
- 1½ scoops Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
- ½ tsp. pure caramel extract, vegan
- 4 tsp. all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 tbsp. fresh mixed berries
Here are your instructions:
Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add oats; mix well. Reduce heat to low. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until thick and soft. Remove from heat.
Add Shakeology, extract, and peanut butter; mix well.
Tip: Caramel extract can be found at specialty stores or online. Look for an all-natural product.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023