Mexican Tofu Breakfast Scramble
Tofu takes on the flavor and texture of scrambled eggs in this yummy breakfast dish. It’s loaded with veggies and topped with avocado and fresh salsa. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how hearty the portion is!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 dash turmeric
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 7 oz. extra firm tofu, drained, mashed
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh tomato salsa
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- ½ medium avocado, chopped
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric, black beans, and tofu; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Divide tofu mixture between two serving plates. Top evenly with cilantro, salsa, tomato, and avocado. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- Limited Time to Exercise? Some Time Management Talk - January 23, 2020