These nachos made with freshly-baked tortilla chips are going to become a snack you crave—good thing they have only 258 calories per serving!
- 4 organic corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- 1 dash chili powder
- Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans, warm
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds and veins discarded, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium avocado
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt to garnish (optional)
Here are your instructions:
Heat oven to 375° F.
Brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Squeeze lime over chips. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt (if desired).
Arrange half of the tortilla chips in a medium baking dish. Layer with half the beans and cheese. Repeat.
Bake chip mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Top with tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, and yogurt.