Green Beans with Lemon and Thyme
Replace the fried onions, cream, flour, and butter of a green bean casserole with more refreshing fare. Lemon and thyme pair beautifully with green beans.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2½ lbs. green beans, trimmed (about 10 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lemon peel
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh thyme
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add green beans and garlic. Season with salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes.
Add water; cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
Remove lid; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until water evaporates.
Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and thyme. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023