Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg
By making a few substitutions to this classic fall side dish, this recipe makes it healthier without sacrificing the flavor.
- 2½ lbs. medium yams, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided use
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp. 100% orange juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Arrange yams in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt. Set aside.
Combine orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice, butter, and honey in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Pour orange juice mixture over yams; toss to coat.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¾ tsp. salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Bake yams, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork tender.