This healthy homemade pizza is topped with lean chicken, fresh ingredients, and a touch of Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients for Pizza Dough:
- ¼ oz active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (100–110° F)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3–3¼ cups whole wheat flour, divided use
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
Ingredients for Pizza:
- ½ cup all-natural pizza sauce, no sugar added
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh arugula
Here are your instructions for Pizza Dough:
Place yeast, water, and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until yeast becomes foamy.
Combine 3 cups flour and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to yeast mixture. Mix with clean hands until mixture does not stick to your hands. Add additional flour if needed. Roll dough into a ball. Brush with ½ tsp. oil. Place in a bowl; cover with a towel. Let rise for 2 hours.
Punch down dough to remove air; knead and roll into a ball. Brush with ½ tsp. oil. Place in a bowl; cover with a towel. Let rise for an additional 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Roll dough until it will no longer stretch. Let rest for 5 minutes. Continue to roll until it reaches your desired diameter, about 10 to 12-inches, and about ½-inch thick. Place on baking pan lightly coated with spray.
Brush with remaining 1 tsp. oil.
Here are your instructions for Pizza:
Spread pizza dough evenly with pizza sauce, stopping ½-inch from edge.
Top evenly with cheeses, chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Top with arugula.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023