Take your hummus game (or your guacamole game) to the next level with this unbelievably creamy avocado hummus recipe that blends chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and lots of avocado with spices and fresh herbs. Avocado lovers may never go back to plain old hummus after tasting this addictive version garnished with fresh cilantro.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), reserve liquid
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame butter)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Place chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, and garlic in food processor (or blender) and pulse until chickpeas are mashed.
Add tahini; pulse for 1 minute. If hummus is too thick, add some of the reserved chickpea liquid. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Add avocados and cumin; pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Garnish with cilantro if desired.