Making your own almond milk is so easy and delicious! Plus, it doesn’t have any of the added sugars and artificial ingredients in many packaged almond milks.
- 4 cups raw almonds
- Filtered water (for soaking almonds)
- 8 cups filtered water
Here are your instructions:
Soak almonds overnight in water.
Rinse and drain almonds; discard soaking water.
Place almonds and 8 cups water in blender or food processor, in small batches if necessary; cover. Blend on highest speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
Strain almond milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.
Cover; refrigerate until cold. Can be stored, in refrigerator, for 3 to 4 days.
- Filtered water should be used instead of tap water as tap water will affect the flavor of the almond milk.
- Strained almond solids can be dried out in the oven at a low temperature (225° F) and used as almond flour in baking recipes.
- Almond milk can be flavored with pure vanilla extract and a small amount of honey if desired.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023