Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
This kid-friendly meal is great for adults too! A light almond and panko crust bakes to a crisp, golden exterior, and the honey mustard sauce has the perfect blend of sweet and tangy.
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- Nonstick cooking spray (or olive oil cooking spray)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast tenders, skinless
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- ½ cup finely chopped sliced almonds
- 1 dash tsp. sea salt
- 1 dash tsp. ground black pepper
Here are your instructions:
Combine honey, mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl; mix well. Chill.
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
Combine eggs and water in a medium shallow bowl; whisk to blend.
Soak chicken in egg mixture for 30 minutes, turning once; set aside.
Combine bread crumbs, almonds, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine.
Working with a few pieces at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bag containing bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat; repeat with remaining chicken.
Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle and golden brown.
Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023